Standard Repayment Plan
The Standard Repayment Plan allows borrowers to pay off federal student loans in the shortest amount of time. The plan is designed to save borrowers money over time because monthly payments may be slightly higher than payments made under other plans. Since the loan is paid off in the shortest amount time, the borrower will pay the least amount of interest over the life of the loan.
Eligible Federal Loans
- Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans (Direct Loan Program)
- Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans (Direct Loan Program)
- Direct PLUS Loans
- Direct Consolidation Loans
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans (FFEL Program)
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans (FFEL Program)
- FFEL Program PLUS Loans
- FFEL Consolidation Loans
The Standard Repayment Plan is structured with monthly payments at a fixed amount of at least $50 each month. Loan payments are made for a period of up to 10 years.